Friday 27 July 2012

Fragrance Friday: Dot by Marc Jacobs review

Fragrance Friday: Dot by Marc Jacobs review 

A Quick introduction - My name is Lucy, I am 19 and hopefully going to university this September to be an adult nurse. So why become a blogger? I have been working in the perfume industry for the past three years and I love my job! My aim for this blog is to pass on some of my perfume knowledge/share my opinions and hopefully give some helpful reviews of the latest perfume releases.   

The Fragrance I have chosen for my first ever review is the new 'Dot' by Marc Jacobs. 


This latest addition to the Marc Jacobs fragrance range does not disappoint! It is like a little bottle of summer! The bottle is just so extravagant and like the other Marc Jacobs perfumes it is one of the major selling points. I love the red and black spots which instantly reminded me of  a lady bird.

This fruity floral perfume opens with top notes of jasmine and orange blossom, heart notes of dragon fruit and red berry and settles to base notes of vanilla and driftwood. Personally I think it smells like a soft fruity floral and thankfully (as I am not a fan of vanilla!) that note is not very distinctive. It is a very fruity fragrance which may put off the more mature woman looking for a more sophisticated smell however both me and my mum are in love with it! I would recommend it as a summer alternative to fans of J'adore by Dior and Hugo Boss Orange. 

The Fragrance comes in three different sizes of Eau De Parfum, 30ml, 50ml and 100ml and is quite pricey starting at £37 RRP. One question that I get asked a lot at work is the difference between an EDP (Eau De Parfum) and an EDT (Eau De Toilette). An EDP is basically a more concentrated version of the EDT that lasts longer on the skin, 99% of the time they smell exactly the same however there are a few exceptions which have different notes. An EDP should last around 6-8 hours on the skin whilst an EDT should last 4-6. I always say 'should last' when advising people on the staying powers of perfume as everyone is different and what lasts on one person may fade quickly on another.  

I hope you have found this review helpful, please let me know if you would like to see more!

Lucy x

3 comments:

  1. I love the bottle! This is such a great idea for a blog, all the best xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks; it's great to hear your informed opinion. I can't wait to get myself a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I am your first follower on bloglovin! :D
    I also work in the perfume industry :)
    Great reviews!
    www.beautybookblog.com

    ReplyDelete